Monday, December 1, 2008

A long long time ago….

So we wanted to give all of you an insight into the morning Brad and I saw the two lines on the POSITIVE pregnancy test.

We both had just gotten back from weekends away for Holly and Doug’s bachelorette/bachelor parties. When I flew home from Lafayette on the Sunday, something was different, but I couldn’t put my finger on it. So when Brad got home I took a pregnancy test. Well, one line was solid and the other line was really faint, but there were still two lines. I didn’t know what to think, but I wanted to take another one to be absolutely certain….BUT I WAS OUT OF TESTS. AHHHH!

I told Brad I would buy some more on Monday and when he got home from work I would “pee”. Brad didn’t get home from work on the Monday until 11pm, which never happens, so the agony continued. When my alarm went off on the Tuesday morning, we both got up and hurried into the bathroom because it was time for me to “pee”. After following the directions carefully, I put the test on the floor and slid it under the scale. The anticipation of watching it change would have been too much for us. After 3 minutes, I slid it out from under the scale and we immediately saw the two dark lines of this positive pregnancy test……and the first words out of our mouths were “Oh, s*%t”.

Even though we were planning and ready for it, it was still a shock, but very exciting. Brad gave me a hug and a kiss and we both started laughing. We giggled the entire time we were getting ready for work that morning.

No comments: